Our Project Manager is an important member of our agency team, reporting to the Head of Projects. They’re responsible for managing all the details of a project with clients and our project teams to ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget.
The Project Manager has technical experience and will collaborate with our senior engineers to solve complex business challenges inside of large, lengthy ecommerce implementations. They safeguard against scope creep, manage change requests and lead client communications. The Project Manager is instrumental in identifying when there is a need for a change to process, focus, or the team itself, and acts as the champion for that change.
Passionate about organization and project management, committed to achieving established goals and objectives, our Project Managers are able to work with people from a variety of disciplines and backgrounds. The position requires an ability to comfortably balance a variety of competing priorities, while monitoring overall deliverables and targets in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment. Problem solving is an integral component of this position, as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills, tact, and attention to detail.
- Develop and actively manage project deliverables using established project management methodology.
- Act as the champion for change management, including process change and optimization.
- Working closely with project team members to ensure that they are supported in doing their best work
- Removing obstacles and roadblocks
- Giving them the needed resources to ensure completion of deliverables
- Track and measure project KPIs
- Act as the primary contact for client services and effectively manage client expectations.
- Develop detailed, tactful and creative solutions to problems.
- Manage a variety of priorities and monitor overall deliverables and targets.
- 2-3 years of experience in a client-facing role in project management; agency experience is an asset
- Experience managing technical projects that involve integrations between platforms and an understanding of code
- Proven organizational experience and track record of managing successful projects
- Experience working with a variety of tools (Slack, Harvest, Github, Jira, Clubhouse)
- Ability to work with and motivate a cross-functional team to determine timelines, estimates, requirements, and scope, as well as track progress, mitigate issues and risks, and maintain quality
- Strong written (email) and verbal (phone, conference call) communication skills, and experience presenting both internally and for clients
- Working knowledge of Shopify and WordPress platforms is an asset
- Familiarity with hosting, email, database management and general system administration, as well as the software development lifecycle process
- Knowledge of web and ecommerce development lifecycles, terminology, and practices; iOS knowledge is a bonus, as are Project Management certifications
- Strong self-management practices with attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects with strict deadlines, and remain composed under pressure
- Demonstrated commitment to personal and professional growth
Pixel Union is a company built on creativity, teamwork and employee well-being. We come to the office (wherever that may be) to work hard, push our limits, and enjoy ourselves around good people. Some of our perks include:
- Competitive base salary
- Opportunity for growth as the company grows
- Exposure and learning across teams and services
- Health benefits and RRSP matching
- Generous vacation policy
- Flexible work schedule and remote-friendly culture and systems
- Educational sessions and company-sponsored certifications
- Company-sponsored fitness allowance