Back End Developer
We’re looking for experienced developers to join our growing agency team, providing custom services to for a diverse array of clients and working across many platforms, disciplines, and approaches.
Our developers are responsible for delivering custom apps and system integrations with Shopify. Our back end developers work in Elixir, encouraging consistent and readable code. We look for developers who enjoy peer-review and who can clearly explain their technical choices. We welcome our team to work from our Victoria HQ or remotely.
Our back end developers:
- Support in the architecture, development, and delivery of custom software solutions that meet business requirements for ecommerce merchants
- Work primarily with Elixir and Node.js on a daily basis
- Contribute tested, maintainable code to shared libraries
- Create tools and processes to help in the day-to-day aspects of development
- Work with Shopify, supporting data migrations to the platform primarily via Shopify’s API
- Work on integrating solutions across the following systems: POS, ERP, 3PL, WMS, Shipping, Carrier, CRM, Order & Inventory Management, Order Scheduling, Payment Gateway, Recurring Billing, Omni-Channel
- Collaborate with, or mentor other team members in order to deliver high quality solutions for our clients while growing professionally.
We’re looking for developers who:
- Enjoy back-end work and want to build robust, scalable system integrations and solve technical challenges with the delivery of these services
- Have worked with Elixir, Ruby, Node.js, or similar server side languages
- Can touch front end HTML and CSS if necessary
- Have built GraphQL or REST APIs
- Are familiar with modern, distributed cloud based service development and deployment pipelines
- Focus on growing their communication skills to build positive and productive working relationships with other agency team members (both technical and non-technical).
- Take ownership of their work to deliver it on schedule and raise blockers proactively when timelines may slip.
If you have anything you’d like to clarify about your resume let us know in your cover letter! Maybe you’ve taken some time to travel, have enjoyed short contracts, or spent time caring for family - we’d love to understand your background and experiences.
Pixel Union is a company built on creativity, teamwork and employee well-being. We come to the office (wherever that may be) to work hard, push our limits, and enjoy ourselves around good people. Some of our perks include:
- Competitive base salary
- Opportunity for growth as the company grows
- Exposure and learning across teams and services
- Health benefits and RRSP matching
- Generous vacation policy
- Flexible work schedule and remote-friendly culture and systems
- Educational sessions and company-sponsored certifications
- Company-sponsored fitness allowance